Saturday, September 6, 2008

Yo estoy emocianada por el fin de la semana.

I've got a big exam on Monday, but right now...tonight I'm not worrying about it. I've got all weekend to study. yippee! no I was not being sarcastic there. Man, that scares even me.

I finally learned that I am not the youngest in the class. whew! I didn't like feeling like the youngest. I learned that at least two of my friends are 21 and one is even 20. Get this, the 20 year old showed us all up on the Biochem partial this past Monday. ouch!

We are currently playing switch-a-roo teachers in our classes. First of all embryology was new this week. The first six days were taught by a lady doctor, can't recall her name. To put it short and sweet i'm glad she only taught for six days.... a lot of us were. Today Dr. Maltez took over Embryo. He's a great teacher, but his English leaves something to be desired that I'd rather he just stuck to spanish. It'd be much easier to understand him in a language where he could actually pronounce the words correctly, but the nonspanish speakers would quickly stop coming to class so I guess we're stuck with his english. Dra. Pacheco has taken over biochem. You can tell she loves what she's teaching and can answer pretty much any question we've got. Today Dr. Sherwood started teaching in Anatomy. He actually taught us! What a great change to have in Anatomy lecture. however, I'm afraid the bones of the skull are so boring that ever Dr. Sherwood couldn't keep me from getting bored towards the end.

The sun has finally reappeared this week after about two weeks of gray. Much nicer to sit in the sunshine than the damp chilly grayness. Trouble is the daily temps are now reaching the 80s. Funny thing: the Puerto Ricans are still cold.

My parents brought me our family banana bread recipe for me last weekend. I went to the store Tuesday and chickened out. 1) i would have had to lug everything home walking and 2)you can't just buy 1/2 cup of oil and 1 cup sugar, etc... I didn't want to have to buy more than I needed. So I went to the bakery and bought some marbled bread instead. It's satisfactory, but just not my banana bread. When i get an apartment and have a place to put baking supplies i'll try again. That's a long time to wait for banana bread.

Much love everyone,
Hasta!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

mmmmmmmm - I love your banana bread!