Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Yo estoy echando de menos los praise singings a ISU.

So I study all weekend and the exam still wins. I think it'll be the story of my life as a medical student. Once in awhile I'll have a shining glistening moment when I've actually learned something and then that'll have to sustain me as I work like the dickens to have another shining glistening moment.

Took a walk with my roommate to Plaza Mexico to buy some toothpaste. She needed some colored paper and asked if I wanted to go. We had good conversation. The only problem is that Delta talks very fast. And sometimes I'd hear something not what she was saying. For example, she needed colored paper (hoja de color) I thought she was asking for flowered paper (hoja de flor). Flowered, colored mas o menos es el mismo no? (translation = more or less same thing right?)

I have good news! Next Tuesday, Sept. 16th, is Mexico's independence day. So we had a holiday scheduled. Unfortunately we also had an embryology exam on Monday. However, all the other semesters were wiggling their way out of classes on Monday so...... our exam has been moved to Wednesday and classes cancelled on Monday. Turns out if some of the professors don't have to come the rest don't want to come either. Hey no argument here. Some of my classmates weren't happy about the change being as the Tuesday is a Mexican holiday and Mexicans can really through a party. They want to join in the celebration and therefore would be in no condition to take an exam on Wednesday. Oh well, welcome to med school huh? We've got a lifetime of sacrifices ahead of us might as well start now! I felt a little (alright a lot) out numbered being one of the very few excited about the news! I guess I'm weird, but what else is new.

Hasta!!

No comments: