Monday, May 2, 2011

Yo estoy arreglandolo.

Home Sweet Home once again! But honestly I wasn't ready for Spring Break to be over. Can I have another vacation please?

We started Pediatrics today at 7 am. The posted schedule, though still confusing, was actually easier to figure out than the past rotations we've had. For some odd reason for my first two weeks even though i have space in my schedule for two hour blocks I'm only scheduled for one of the hours. And then get to sit around for the other hour. And then the second two weeks some of my hours are even doubly scheduled. So I get to sit around and do nothing, and then I get to be in two places at once. No worries, I'm Super-Girl! I gots this! But for today, I hadn't brought anything with me to study during my down hours, and then when one of my docters didn't even show.....I took off and skipped the rest of the day.

Changed my bed into its sheets. Too hot anymore for the flannel. I definitely prefer the heat to cold, but trying to study today without moving so as to generate the lest amount of heat possible, I wondered....I wondered if I could rearrainge my circadian rythym to sleep during the day and study through the night. It's just a thought....for now.

When I go for a run I'll intentionally start out with my mp3 player at about 1/2 volume and then periodically increase volume whenever I'm in need of a gear change throughout the run. But for the past couple of months I've had to start out with the volume already up at 100%. It worried me because as I like to listen to my music LOUD when I run, I didn't know if I was actually going deaf or if my technology was just getting old. I hoped for the second. While in TX these past weeks, Vero's brother, JJ got a really good deal on some new earphones. He then passed on the good deal to me. I am very happy to report that the volume hadn't even hit 100% by the time I finished my run this evening! I'm not going deaf after all! Yeah! *fist pump*

Hasta!

(The unanimous concensus on the topic of Peru was that Jenn and I should sue travelocity.com. What had transpired was so much more than a mere 'oops!' and when something is broken you don't put a band-aide on it and call it fixed.)

No comments: