Sunday, May 15, 2011

Yo estoy ordeñando una vaca.

After our exam on Friday myself and 4 other friends left for Colima (a neighboring state). One of my friends' parents own a house there, Cofradia de Suchitlan is the small village. It was a higher elevation than GDL, and actually quite close to the active volcan de Colima (Colima volcano).

At night a thick fog descends and dampens everything. Really it makes everything peaceful. In the morning, before the fog completely dissipates and all you hear is nature, that peace is still there. Jennifer's parents have this house wanting to retire there one day. I didn't really understand why there exactly except that it was where her dad had grown up, but I understand why now.
These pictures are from the second floor balcony of the house. This is the green during the dry season. Hard to imagine the overflowing green of this place during the rainy season.



Vulcan de Colima


Our Group for the weekend: L to R: Belen, Jennifer, Me, Lety, Anjuli

The main reason that we all went this particular weekend was for a wedding of one of Jennifer's friends. So we all went, Jenn +4. Got my first experience as a wedding crasher, but as Mexican weddings are typically come one, come all, the more the merrier I suppose it doesn't really count. Notice in the above picture that everyone is my height or slightly taller......they were all in high heels ranging 3 in. to 5 in. and I was in flats. That picture would look soooo different had we been in flip flops.

As the wedding mass wasn't until 7:30 pm Saturday evening we all went to the beach during the day on Saturday. One of our Puerto Rican friends gave us the Top Secret Puerto Rican SunTan Oil recipe. Baby Oil + SunScreen + Coca-Cola. We tried it out. I didn't actually put any of it on. We had to guess on the ratios for the three ingredients, and I suppose we guessed wrong. It was a pretty painful night for some last night. As they are all Mexican I have no doubt that their redness will turn brown in a few days, and then, they'll say it was worth it. In the meantime, I think we'll try to get a more exact recipe. (beach pictures were taken by Jennifer and Anjuli, so I don't have any of them)

This morning before packing up and heading back we hiked to a nearby farm for our morning milk. Fresh and warm from the cow! Milked it myself! We added chocolate and whatnot, and it tasted like a hot chocolate! (cow pictures were taken by Anjuli...I'll get them later too!)

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That makes me smile you milking your own milk for breakfast!! :)

Sending you a big hug, I miss ya girl!!
Love ya
K