Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yo estoy explorando una nueva computadora.

It happened. I wasn't ready for it, and it caught me by surprise. It was sooner than I was expecting it to happen, but it happened. My computer died. Got home from HAL today with grand plans to make progress on this pile of work I have in front of me. Turned on my computer to find it could barely even play a song, let alone access the internet. It sputtered and I commenced CPR. Continued CPR for about 4 hours all the way to the point where my computer took it's last breath and ceased to be an electronic device. dead, D E D, dead. Fit now only for paperweight or counter-clutterer. R.I.P. compu

Friends to the rescue!! This is how amazing some of the people in GDL are. I called one of my friends knowing she had two computers prepared to ask if I could possibly use one of them. Before I even got a chance to ask she had already offered me the use of it. So I guess for the next 5 weeks I'm going Mac....or at least attempting to. Maybe by the time the semester ends I'll have figured this thing out!

I guess I know what I'll be doing with my refunded Peru ticket!

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy!
I'm sorry to hear about your D E D dead computer. Ha ha that's one of my favorite quotes:-) Good thing you got a substitute so I can keep blog-stalking you!!
Anita