Friday, May 20, 2011

Yo estoy famosa.

The other day one of my classmates came up to me and asked for my autograph!

Check this out!! It's what you get for being one of a very few white girls in the whole school!

http://www.uag.edu/medicine/
(just wait for it!)

And just in case being on the world wide web isn't enough, there's a paper form too.
http://www.uag.edu/medicine/catalog/#/Catalog%20in%20English/0
(check out page 18)

In the catalog, I know the majority of the students pictured. They basically asked for anyone not Mexican and said 'you're coming with me!' So in other words...it's false advertising at it's finest.

For the next while at least my face will be used to help recruit those unsuspecting into the world of UAG. I've got mixed feelings about that. I wouldn't give up my time at UAG for anything. By being here, the lessons God has taught me and the trials that He has brought me through and is still bringing me through have grown me, which I am extremely thankful for. But at the same time, it's hard and often, not much fun. How can I wish that on anyone else. Or worse yet, recruit anyone into that.

Today is Friday, and marks the end of yet another week. Meaning......only three more weeks of the semester! Seriously, I'm more excited about the diminishing number of weeks left than the fact that it's a Friday! Yay!

Jennifer and I have picked up another commuter to HAL these past couple of weeks, Hector. The other day nice and early, Hector plopped into my car, smirked at me, and said, "I'm being a rebel today!......I'm wearing black shoes!" I have to admit, I've rebelled my fair share too, and broken out a colored shirt to wear. Lately, it's been happening more frequently.....must be the end of the semester.

The other day all 8th semester students were gathering for class photos. They were all strutten' around in freshly pressed whites. And truely, if you take the time...it is possible for whites to look good, quite smashing even. And they had taken the time!

Hasta!

No comments: