Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Yo estoy preocupada

I haven't had internet in about a week. My neighbor with whom I share has been gone so really I couldn't knock on her door and ask what was up. Today I finally called my landlord and explained. My neighbor is actually his daughter so i decided asking him to come and check on the router wasn't too invasive as he's been stopping by to feed her dogs and whatnot. I don't know what we did, but with a bit of playing with wires and some stareing at blinking lights my computer connected once again. So thankful.

It's been frustrating having so many stories to tell and no means of typing them into this captive receptical of information. I guess I underestimated the amount of intelligence harbored by the internet. It decided my hair was not story worthy and I needed to be cut off before I went on tangents about toe nails or something!!

I'm finishing up my guardia hours this week at the IMSS. Today was technically my last day and as proof that 4 weeks hasn't been enough, I was still learning new things today too. In summary of these 4 weeks: Sophmore year of high school, surgery was the reason that I started walking in the direction of doctor. Then after a drawn out episode in undergrad when I was fainting in consult (forget about staying upright through a surgery) As much as I didn't want to, I had to finally admit that perhaps I couldn't be a surgeon afterall. These past 4 weeks I feel like I did back in 2002. As cheesy as it sounds, kind of like God gave me back my first love.
In addition, over these past 4 weeks I have seen certain traits in myself as a doctor that surprise me. Traits concerning what aspects of "doctor" that I prefer; those I enjoy more; those I prefer here in Mexico as opposed to the US and vice versa. Honestly, I think that surgery just made obvious some traits that I hadn't really paid attention to before. Some good traits, but some have me a bit worried.

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy! I just spent some time catching up on your blog. I can't believe the things you're doing - well I can, but I can't imagine it! I also wouldn't want to. I'm glad you're enjoying surgery though. I miss you!
Tara