Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yo estoy recordando a respirar.

So Jennifer and I got a scare the other day concerning our trip to Peru. While we were at HAL Jennifer noticed she had received an email from the guy that is organizing our hike for us basically saying. 'Ooops! I sent you guys the wrong confirmation.' First thing on our list when we got home that day was to call and figure out what oops meant. Apparently, he had sent us the wrong start day. Thankfully new arrangements could be made and so our trip to Peru is going to go as follows. We leave Saturday from Mexico and after 24 hours of travelling we arrive in Cusco, Peru. We will be met at the airport by someone from the hike and start up the mountain! This senario = recipe for altitude sickness.....either that or we'll flat pass out and have to be carried up to Machu Pichu.


I stayed in GDL this weekend. And on my schedule was a BBQ at a classmates house. The above and below are pictures of Yours Truely gettin down to some Micheal Jackson 'The Experience'.


I saw on my calendar that US had daylight savings time this weekend and I still tuned into the morning service at 9:55 (my time) and wondered why Steve had started so early.

I got to run both days this weekend. Saturday was the first time I'd run at Colomos probably since November. And then Sunday I ran with a buddy at another large park here in GDL, Parque Metropolitano. The paths there are much flatter, but as it was my first time running there they proved to be a bit confusing. There were four different paths that all overlapped, so you can imagine. It really makes me so happy to see all the other people there making their ways around the paths. They are all different ages, shapes, sizes and sometimes I just want to stop each one and hug them and tell them Thank You. Thank you for caring enough about your body to exercise. My favorite is the 4 foot tall grandma whose small steps take at least 2 if not 3 to equal one of mine, but her arms are pumping and she's determined. I just want to squeeze her!

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures make me happy. Can't wait to boogie with you this summer!

Amy