Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yo estoy pelechando.

I have always had a problem with excessive hair loss, that is up until about 4-5 months ago. At first I thought something was wrong that I'd pick through my hair and not have hair filling the pick. Then I decided to stop wondering about it and simply enjoy Not losing my hair for once.
Ever since I've started this surgery rotation at the IMSS my hair has been coming out in massive clumps (slight exaggeration)! Today I looked at the immense mess of hair in my bathroom waste basket and could not ignore it anymore, and after pondering multiple possibilities I've finally decided I'd go with the following explanation.
Ever since I started at the IMSS I've been hot all day long, sweating, and pretty sure everyone else there doesn't know that I can actually not look red. It's worst in the operating rooms when you start to feel the beads of sweat snake down your skin and you can't do anything about it. I think I am begining to understand how a dog feels when it warms up and they shed their winter coat......I can't believe I just likened myself to a dog! But basically due to the co-inciding time lines of the two, I've concluded that my recent hair loss is due to recent climate. I'M MOLTING!!!!! I'M MOLTING!!!!!! Yes, I just said that in a Wicked Witch of the West voice.....and yes, I just realized that shedding would have been more appropriate, but molting rhymed.

I've been put back into General Surgery for the remainder of my time at IMSS. I shouldn't complain, because if I end up going into surgery, it's most likely to be general. But for that very same reason I had wanted to be in a specialty such as pediatric surgery, angio surgery, hey I would have even taken procto surgery. But like I said I shouldn't complain, I'm sure I'll still learn a lot. I'm a little indecisive about the new doctor that I'm with. Yesterday I ping ponged from "ummm, I don't think I'm going to like him" to "hmm, maybe he'll be ok after all" back to "nope, definitely don't like this guy." He did something really.....not cool, just so that he could show off. Me = not impressed! On the other hand, his resident actually looked and acknowledged me today! This is a big improvement!

On a tangent about proctology. I heard the other day what I believe to be one of the most genious nicknames I've ever come across. The procto intern was called Frodo by his fellow interns. I still chuckle when I think of the creative reasoning behind it.

Hasta!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, don't even talk to me about having thin hair when yours is 5x thicker than mine.

Amy

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh about your moulting!! :) Love and prayers and a hug!
K