Thursday, February 10, 2011

Yo estoy picada.

Mom, Dad, I don't know how to say this, but...your daughter has HIV. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! No just kidding, I'm not serious...I hope. I was closing the patient in surgery today and poked my thumb. It happened so fast that I didn't even see it. I felt it but had finished a whole other suture before I realized that it really happened. I feel so incredibly stupid! My first time ever stitching human skin and I stick myself. So stupid! I was doing a subcutaneous closure, but as it's the only I've ever actually done I can't even compare and say that it's a harder stitch. oye! So far I was taking baby steps, but at least they were in a forward direction. Today appears as if I turned around and leaped as far back as I could go. Oh well, every doctor eventually sticks themself right?! I just got mine over with quick!! (Just agree with me and make me feel better!)

Being at the IMSS everyday, sometimes longer than others, I feel as if I'm looking at my future. A future of tired. In between surgeries, the doctor and resident above me pick a spot in our OR and close their eyes. The resident goes as far as to throw a sheet or something on the floor and actually lay down.

Hasta!

No comments: