Thursday, February 3, 2011

Yo estoy perpleja.

I'm not going to HAL tomorrow which means! Let the weekend begin, and not just any weekend, but a 4-day weekend. Count'em! 1. 2. 3. 4.
I just searched the internet for exactly why the 7th is a national holiday here in Mexico this year, and came up empty. Granted I didn't search too hard, and honestly I can't really conjure up enough energy to quite care why exactly at the moment, so I'm just thankful UAG changed their minds about making us show up at the hospitals on Monday and am leaving it at that.

I'm tired because I was up later than usual last night putting together my presentation on Illinois!
Back story: The doctor in charge of my subgroup has always accused me of not talking; telling me I need to talk more. I would always make a joke or something, he would laugh, and I'd be good for another day. Monday was my turn, with a few of my classmates, to present our case to the class. Now truely it wasn't the best I'd ever done on a presentation, but I figured that at least that day he couldn't tell me I never talk. What happened was the exact opposite. He not only accused me of not talking enough but told me, "You need to talk more. Spanish, English, German, anything. I want to hear your voice." He then gave me another presentation to do. Topic: my hometown. When I protested that my hometown would take a whole of two minutes, the presentation was expanded to the state of Illinois. Yes, I was just as perplexed as you are right now too. Either way, my Monday and Tuesday was spent googleing the web for pictures and videos on different aspects of Illinois, and then narrowing everything down. A classmate volunteered to help, so I set him up to do 'commercial breaks' in the form of "Fun Facts with Hector". I figured I needed as much help as possible to make cornfields interesting. In the end, this morning in our surgery clinical cases class, while everyone else was eating donuts and chilaquiles, I provided the entertainment in the form of ILLINOIS!!!! Yup, I'm still perplexed about it too.

Recent update on the ongoing battle between my hot water heater and me: He's been pouting something fierce lately to the point that he periodically blows up. Well, not literally, but from my location inside the apartment that's exactly what it sounds like. The first time I heard the huge BOOM from my patio I was frozen for a good 15 seconds, eyes darting back and forth, before I could get myself to breathe again. All in all, he is definitely not taking defeat graciously!

And finally, my friend, Jennifer, and I received our email confirmation today concerning our reservation to hike the Inca Trail up to Machu Pichu in April. We are set to go for the dates we requested, and a good thing too as we kind of had already gone ahead and gotten our plane tickets! It's official, I'M GOIN TO PERU!!!!!!! We'll experience Peruvian culture, get to see ancient Incan culture personally, and yet without a doubt, for me the aspect of this trip that I am most excited about is the blessing of getting to see another small breathtaking part of the vast canvas that God called Creation!

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PERU!! That sounds so cool, I'm excited for you!! :) SO random about the Illinois presentation... :) kinda makes me smile...well not that you had to all the work for it but ya know :) -K