Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yo estoy faltando algunas celulas de mi cerebro.

I'm past exhausted so I figured might as well update the blog while I'm at it. It might take me twice as long as normal as I find myself staring off into space in between practically every sentence, but too late, I've already started now!

The extended weekend I was so excited about flew by. I kidnapped Regg and Bev and brought them back to GDL with me on Sunday. Held them hostage overnight and then forced them to trek all over GDL with me on Monday. No, No j/k! It was fun to have guests at my apartment once again! And it wasn't allllll over GDL exactly, just the city center and Los Colomos (one of the parks).
On a side note, for anyone who would like to come visit while it's just me in my apartment, come before June. I finally got the ok from all of my future housemates for me to move into a house with 4 others in June. Any and all are still welcome to visit and stay with me. You'll just be seeing more than just me if it's come June or there after.

We started our surgery guardias today. This is going to be busy! It is something different everyday, and we switch doctors every week. To top it off each UAG student is alone with their doctor, resident, and intern. We had consult today so nothing extremely exciting. I did a blood gas draw though. Not headline news persay, but I patted myself on the back none the less. The patient was hypotensive with a barely percivable pulse to start with, and the intern who taught me took about 15 minutes to get enough blood only for us to show up at the lab and discover it had already coagulated. So when we tried again after about 2 hours I wasn't expecting myself to be able to do much better! It must have been beginner's luck, but I'll take the pat either way! :)

I'll be headed into the OR tomorrow. I don't know what's on the schedule but if today's consult could be considered indicative, I'm guessing hernia repair, hernia repair, and you guessed it, another hernia repair!

Right now I'm wishing life could hurry up and slow down, but then again I probably should have been asleep 2 hours ago.

Hasta!

No comments: