Monday, September 7, 2009

Yo estoy pensando.

Mondays are housekeeping days. Wake up, do last minute studying until the dreaded hour when I go and realize just how much I've yet to learn. Then return home and take care of the mess that has built up over the week. Today that mess involves the floor and the bathroom. Yipee! (note sarcasm!)

Friday I got to go to a soccer game! I know it was irresponsible of me, but my brain tends to explode when I don't give it a break every now and then, and the tickets were free, and, and.....well how could I pass up soccer?!?!?! It was so much fun. Santos were playing against Estudiantes Tecos. Technically being affiliated with UAG myself I should have cheered for Estudiantes, but one of my friends who went was a die-hard Santos fan, plus they had green uniforms, so of course I had to cheer for them. Santos won, so glad I could cheer for them! Attending a soccer game in Mexico is quite the experience. Estudiantes doesn't have a very large fan base so I'd say this was a good way for me to start. I'll explain. First, my friend told us not to wear green just in case Santos won, and some crazy Estudiante fan was upset and decided to take it out on us. Upon entering the gate into the stadium, guys were padded down. Heavily armored guards patroled the field. At the end of the game a fight broke out, and it rained coke and beer from the stands down onto the field. HA, I think I'm ready to take on a Chivas vs. Atlas game now!

Here's a few quotes from the past week:
In Microbiology:
"If you ever got eaten by a lion and you had toxoplasmosis, you'd have the last laugh."
~ Dr. Procop

In Neuropharm:
"You need to know the life-altering effects, like death."
(don't know this guys name yet)

About time I updated a little on the Bible study:
Some new individuals are coming this semester making our average weekly attendence larger than last semester. Praise God! Pray for those coming, no matter what their reasons for coming are, that they could hear truth, and that truth could build a desire for them to know more.
Satan has changed his tactics a bit this semester. Pray that the wisdom, love, and patience of Jesus would abound and defeat him yet again.

God Bless and thank you.
Hasta!

1 comment:

Kaleigh said...

Sounds like an adventurous soccer game!! :) Praying for your Bible Study...love ya!