Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yo estoy orando por ti.

A few weeks ago I tried posting some videos, but blogspot had other plans, and I had to give up. I have since then turned to youtube and posted my videos on there. The following three videos were from the Mexican Independence celebration that a group of us from UAG attended.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60KvapW8kV8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djBjyJUOj3Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wTLTyHG0q4
The first two are the ones that I talked about in my blog on September 16th, the third is a bonus!!

This will be great. Perhaps I'll start taking more videos now!!

I'm debating quitting med school to become a neck model. Yes, I will make a living with my neck. Ok, so not really, totally joking there, but here's the story. For a class, which we refer to as NFP (don't worry about what that stands for) we are split in small groups (6 in mine) and doctors from the Latin program meet with us and talk to us about the interview, clinical history, physical exam, etc. When in need of a patient the doctor (or doctora depending on the day) will ask for a volunteer and one of the guys in our group of 6 will eventually unwillingly volunteer. However, when needing a patient to demonstrate a neck maniobra (I don't know what that translates as) the doctor that day looks at me and asks me to come be the patient, no option to say no there! I'm attributing this to the fact that I guess God gave me a long neck (according to one of the doctoras), and even moreso to the fact that almost always my hair is up and off my neck.

News that has been buzzing around Guadalajara for quite some time now, but I've been ignoring is the large number of individuals contracting and suffering from Dengue, a viral disease transmitted by mosquitos. Schools today and tomorrow throughout the city are being closed for fumigation. No news of UAG thinking about that. In fact the only UAG doctor who's brought up the topic has been our Micro doctor who suddenly stopped lecture one day to wildly chase after a lone mosquito yelling "Dengue! Dengue!" and trying to swat it. A scene now commonly reenacted outside of class to much laughter.
In all reality though, I'm more concerned with the increasing number of my classmates who show up to class hacking all over everyone. So I guess in between H1N1, Dengue, and hacking classmates to not get sick will be a miracle.

I must now go wash my hands.....again!

Hasta!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! A neck model! Quite a career change from a doctor! Will you come to Japan and model for my English classes:) They had dengue fever in the Philippines when I was there. No fun. I'm going to go pray for you!

Amber said...

Stay healthy Christy!!! Love ya and praying for you!