Monday, September 21, 2009

Yo estoy triste!

It was quite the happening weekend back home, and I am rather sad that I missed it. :(
I was able to get to Ixtlan finally after too long of not being there. Marshall and Jan are in Barra Vieja so I stayed with the Sibajas. They had a small crevice where I was able to maneuver my car and thus leave it at their house and not at the church. Issa, Lupita and I spent Saturday evening at the church for Young Group. When we got back to the house their mom, Lourdes, informed me that the dad, Felix, had found himself with nothing to do so he had vaccumed my car. How embarrassing! I don't think I've vaccumed my poor little car once,and thus it had been very dirty. It looks amazing now!
Matt Gerber's parents were visiting. They don't know any spanish, but that didn't stop them from joining right in on volleyball. I was on the team with both Neil and Lisa Gerber. Starting out we didn't have much luck, but we got better as the night wore on and the following is a bit of dialogue that took place after we had finally won a game.

Neil Gerber: Yea! Hasta la vista!
Gloria Gonzalez: Where are you going?
(snickering)
Neil: huh?
Gloria: You just said goodbye.
(laughing)
Neil: Oh I did! That was Spanish? I thought it was Italian.
(doubled-over laughing)
Neil: I thought it was something along the lines of YEA! or GOOD JOB! or FINALLY!
(having-trouble-breathing laughing)

anyhoo, it was really funny!

Hasta!

No comments: