Thursday, September 17, 2009

Yo estoy en clase.

I've brought my computer to class with me today, and am trying to listen to viruses and get some stuff done at the same time. Don't judge me just yet...the girl in front of me has earphones in her ears and is watching episodes of Criminal Minds on her computer.

Once again, I'm so sorry I couldn't get those videos to load, but here's a few photos from the night instead.


This is the group of us that met together to enjoy the festivities at the city center. One of my classmates who, ehm, wasn't thinking too clearly, had grabbed my camera and shoved it into the hand of a random Mexican. My eyes popped!, but in the end it was safe in my hands again, and I've now got this really nice photo of everybody.


On our way to the center of the center.



The fireworks were absolutely amazing. The crowds were so close!!! Nothing like it would ever happen in the US. Only once, that I saw, did stray sparks careen into the crowd behind me scattering people. But don't worry...


They had firefighters posted and ready with their bag of water on their backs. In the end, the worst I got was pieces of ash and carboard falling on me.

All-in-all a great experience!
Quote of the night: "What kind of 4th of July is this?!?!" ~ Shady Hawatmeh

We held Bible study at my apartment last night due to campus being closed for the holiday. We've started Esther this week. I was apprehensive about going over a book from the Old Testament as I would rather have the Bible study focused more on Jesus himself and hence the New Testament. However, God knows best, thankfully! Those in attendance, ate it up, and asked for more. I thought I'd be able to go rather quickly through the story, but I was basing that on myself who has heard about Esther since I was little. We got through the first three chapters last night. At the end one of my classmates asked, "so...then who is Esther?" In other words, so...why are we reading about this girl?, why is she so special? Prayers for God's continued presence amongst the hearts attending for Bible study every week, that His word and truth may be spoken no matter what is in discussion.

Hasta!

No comments: