Friday, September 25, 2009

Yo estoy anxiosa.

Friday and done with yet another week of class, and about to embark on my next weekend of being holed up in my apartment with computer, books, paper, and pencil, but thought I'd write a bit first.

Talking to Issa last weekend she told me a bit about nursing school. We joked about how even though she knows no one outside of her own class, apparently the whole school knows her. Wearing a long skirt is kind of odd in Mexico. Then she mentioned how an upper semester boy makes fun of her a lot. I just told her it's cuz he likes her...then we laughed again. Issa and Lupita have both had to learn a long time ago the opinions of others don't matter.

I have recently recovered from a mosquito bite on the BOTTOM OF MY FOOT! How in the world some random mosquito managed that I have no idea, but I give it props for being inventive and daring and I guess.....succeeding.

For the past month, the guayaba tree on my way to class has been producing fruit. As a result, I get to walk upon an aromatic bed of squashed guayabas everyday as I pass beneath it's branches. I just made that sound kind of romantic...it's not.

I made it through my surgery final!!! After being sick during surgery last week and having to lay down, I was rather apprehensive going into my final as I obviously would not pass if it happened again. I had felt better ever since Monday, but it kind of turned into a mind game with me, and I was almost making myself sick cuz I was so worried about getting sick. (if that makes any sense.) Anyways, I made it through no problem! I'm going to miss surgery now that it's over. :(

Bible study this week was held at my apartment again. The reason being: Food! We had someone making arroz con leche, someone with hot chocolate, and myself with banana bread. It was all really good! It'll be hard to go back to no food next week! hehe!

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha. You would give the mosquito props. :)
~Amy