Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Estoy irritada.

Things on the Vascular service were so exciting at the end of last month. We had some crazy pathology.  I was sad to leave at such an exciting time; feel like I'm missing out.  Things like complete occlusion of the aorta. The largest vessel in the human body, completely closed, and in a young person to boot! Pretty cool stuff!

I was finally able to make it to CT this past weekend.  It had been about 6 weeks.  Was all set to spend Sunday evening there as well, but the weather had other plans and I left directly after church.

I'm in the Trauma ICU for the present month. Started my Monday off first thing with a patient in respiratory distress requiring intubation. What a way to say Welcome Back! ;) I'm looking forward to having a set number of patients this month. A good thing about working in the unit is that there's only so many beds. Once they're full, your list is capped. On the floors, even if your floor is full the patients keep on coming and overflow gets placed on other floors.  No capping of a surgery list on the floors. My schedule is switching me to nights for the rest of the week.

Much Love.

No comments: