Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Estoy saliendo para vacaciones.

It's well after midnight.  I should have been asleep long ago. Time to leave will be here in a few short hours. I left the hospital today and bid adieu to its fading sight in the rearview mirror. I'll be saying 'hello' again soon, but before that happens...  there's places to go and faces to see!!  We'll start off by heading West.

I was not scheduled to work on the 31st (today) and therefore I took the liberty to schedule it as part of vacation.  Unfortunately, the past three days at work I've been by myself. Everyone is sick. Saturday and Sunday the other resident scheduled at least texted to let me know she wouldn't be able to come in.  So after being alone for the weekend I was looking forward to having another resident.  Three others were supposed to come in.  None of them showed up.  And this time, no one even texted to let us know. They just didn't come.  That was the part that annoyed me. I can cover for you. I'll do the work no problem.  Just let me know. Showing up to work and then finding out your work is 3-4x the expected.  Not cool.
And I would really like to know how out of 9 residents and fellows, I ended up being the only one not sick.  There's just something that smells fishy about that.  Granted, the fellow there today was hacking up a lung between every other word he managed to get out. So yea, sick. But, really? All 8 of them?  Tuna... Salmon... Halibut?

Much Love.

No comments: