Monday, February 3, 2014

Estoy agradecida.

At the Detroit airport.  My flights have been cancelled and changed.  And then delayed and changed.  So fingers crossed that this one's a keeper.  Had my last interview in Detroit today so had made a weekend of it.  Soooo thankful for each one of my interviews.  And soooo very thankful to be done. 

Ranking is next in the process.  Last year the day the NRMP was open to submit a rank list I had done so.  Granted wasn't much thought process needed in my rank list last year.  This year is another story.  The NRMP was open for ranking weeks ago and I just realized it a few days ago.  Whoops! Well, just as long as I submit something before the deadline!!!!  Ranking could be easy and stress free.  God is in control.  He knows he can do what he wills with my life, put me where he wants etc.  Key word, "could" be.  For one very specific reason it is not easy for me.  I can't just toss these programs to the wind and let them fall. When I entered the Match this year I honestly only had direction through the point of the application.  God's taken me past that point as of today.  Now what's next dear Lord?

Psalm 119:105-112
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106 I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.
107 I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O Lord, according unto thy word.
108 Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord, and teach me thy judgments.
109 My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.
110 The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.
111 Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart.
112 I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.

 While in Detroit I was very blessed to have the opportunity to see and catch up with someone super special.  Alexis Gasser-Stoller was at ISU with me all four years and the last time I had gotten to see her was at her wedding in 2008 before I moved to Mexico.  Her thank-you had been the first piece of mail that I received in Mexico. Friendship with Alexis is one excellent example of why I appreciate the benefits of Facebook so very much.  Though I haven't actually been able to see her over the years, keeping relatively up-dated with one another is easily facilitated through such social media avenues. And we did our best filling in the details in what little time we had today. I am so bummed that I forgot to get a picture with her.  But here is a very old one that I found on Facebook. (Another reason to appreciate Facebook.) She is sitting on my right.




Hasta!

No comments: