Monday, February 10, 2014

Estoy cerrando mis ojos.

Organization is slowly returning to the research team.  Marini has stepped up to fill Dr. A's position.  I've mentioned Marini before; hands down the most brilliant human being I've ever met.  He could quote for you the text book he read his first semester of medical school over in Italy way back when.  As a result, the bar he sets is above and beyond anything I could hope to reach. Needless to say, it's going to be a few weeks before I even come close to performing at the level he is asking.

It's pretty amazing the opportunities that this year is bringing.  Learning to become part of a team under Dr. A, and now to turn literally 180 degrees and continue with the same purpose, just refocused.  Building the flexibility to work under two completely different kinds of stress.  Learning about people in two different work environments, and which approach to discussion is expected among team members in each environment.  One thing is consistent in both situations though; I feel like the ugly cousin trying to disappear into the corner.  I said 'feel.'  Sometimes, by the Grace of God, simply overcoming the feeling of inadequacy is enough of an adrenaline rush to off-set the meager offerings I am currently able to bring.  Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever really know anything.  But then again, if I ever felt truly 'adequate'....my life would become more about me and less of the strength of God through me.

Hasta!

No comments: