Friday, October 29, 2010

Yo estoy esperando pizza.

Pneumology has drawn to a close. The final was at 11 but I and a few other showed up at 7 this morning to get in some extra hours of radiology in prep for the exam. I felt like one of those fanatic students that I've always shooken my head at for doing things like requesting extra lab hours at like 5 in the morning. Unfortunately, I can't even positively say that the extra effort helped me on the exam.

Wednesday I ran into a wall. not literally, but figuratively. It was a quite unexpected experience. Now, normally when someone falls down they get up and keep going but for some reason Wednesday I couldn't get up again. Honestly, I kind of just sat there and pouted.......and then ate some popcorn. Thankfully Thursday I was able to rally and study hard once again. But the whole experience made me really thankful for this weekend. Weekends inbetween rotations are kind of "free" as there aren't projects and studying needing to be done. I'm going to Ixtlan this weekend and I'm going to enjoy it!

I've recently started running once a week with a friend at a park here in GDL called Los Colomos. It's like running cross country through a woods constantly up and down (This is not IL; nothing is flat). The park is paid entry so it's very nicely kept and taken care of. Anyways, let me explain the difference between my friend and I while running the hills at Los Colomos. My friend goes up the hills and I get up the hills. In other words, she used to run marathons until she suffered six herniated disks, and is now getting back into shape from her time off. Funny how her "out-of-shape" is actually....not! Either way, she's good motivation for me and we always have a good run!

Hasta!

No comments: