Friday, October 15, 2010

Yo estoy bailando parte 1.

I've been busy so I'm going to write about my trip to Leon separatly in 'Yo estoy bailando parte 2'

I just remembered my gas bill. Went looking for it. Found it. And then sighed to see the due date had been the 7th. Sigh....not looking forward to paying that tomorrow.

Wednesday at HAL (Hospital Angel Leano)there was a camera crew to take pictures for the next edition of the school's catalog. They called out the minorities and being the only white girl in class that included me. I felt a little guilty, as if I were falsely advertising the school, but in all reality any person to go through a college education has been wisened to the fact that all schools stage their promotion photos. The camera crew was complete with a make-up girl and all. I found it humorous to be getting a spontaneous quick make-over powdering and gloss until she pulled out the hair-spray. Really could have done without that bit. So I did my bit modeling, but in the end honestly doubt any of the pictures I'm in will be used. I had just gotten back from Leon the day before and so was really struggling to keep my eyes open. I probably come across in the photos as half-dead...probably not the propaganda the school will be looking for.

After two years of watching Mexicans and my classmates pop HALLS in their mouth like candy I finally tried one. I came to the conclusion that since they were so widely eaten they couldn't be mentholated as they are in the States. I was Wrong! The second I put the "candy" in my mouth I realized that they are indeed mentholated. Some of my classmates are addicted to them and constantly are eating them. I can't get past the mentality that they are a medicine nor the fact that I can taste the menthol in them to be able to ever eat one again without first having a cough.

When I got home from HAL today I had to take a picture of the odometer in my car.

I do realize that the chance of this particular number showing on the odometer is the exact same chance of any other particular number showing......but, this number is just cooler.

Pneumo is proving to be much more busier than cardio. I'm not liking all of the projects and presentations...it's reminding me of undergrad. As soon as it's dark tonight, I think I'm going to justify going to bed and then hopefully, Lord willing, tomorrow morning I'll finally be able to wake up ready to tackle the weekend.

Hasta!

No comments: