Saturday, October 16, 2010

Yo estoy creciendo mas y mas.

25 years baby!! Oh yeah!!
You couldn't see me, but I just did a little dance!

Been blessed with another year! Que celebracion.......guess you've got to speak Spanglish to understand that one!!

Didn't do anything special persay (?), but just kind of enjoyed knowing that I can now say I'm 25....so much more mature than 24!....right?

Ran errands this morning. Received extra strange glances, but probably due to the fact that I was slightly dancing to the music being played over the PA in WalMart. I didn't mind. You only turn 25 once. When I paid my gas bill and wasn't charged extra for it being overdue I told myself it was because it was my birthday. That lady at Zeta MultiGas knew...somehow, she knew! :)

I knew no one was going to stop by and say Happy Birthday, but I made sure my door was unlocked just in case. In the end the only person to come to my door today was the Santorini guy. But he brought me the perfect birthday gift. We all know how much I love water delivery day, especially when I'm completely out, which I was today...that is until the Santorini guy came ;)

For my birthday dinner I really splurged and got not only McDonalds but also a DQ blizzard! What a feast! haha! I just enjoyed not having to prepare any of it! The poor girl at the DQ drive thru finally gave up and asked me to pull through to the window. She couldn't understand my spanish through the headset she had on. I felt really bad, but sometimes I don't know how to say English words in Spanish. for example, blizzard, oreo, and M&Ms are all English words without another word translated in Spanish. There are many words like these and some are said in Spanish (for example Starbuck's is Starboouks), but some stay with their English pronounciation.
I was trying to call for a taxi once for a ride home from a restaurant that a friend and I had walked to. We were at La Casa de Waffle (the Waffle House). I tried every proununciation I could think of but the poor taxi guys on the other end of the phone just kept passing me around letting someone else try to understand where the world I was at. I eventually gave up and my friend and I ran into the rain and hunted down a taxi on our own. (I still don't know how Waffle is pronounced here.)

It's been a good birthday! It was happy! Listened to my music a bit louder than usual. Smiled a bit more than normal. Danced a little bit weirder. and with each new day I'm blessed with am definitely, without a doubt, more resolute in my desire to praise my Lord and Saviour up until and then beyond the last I pass on this Earth.

God Bless everyone! I love you all!

Hasta!

2 comments:

God Bless said...

so how many ppl from your original class ended up staying?????

Anonymous said...

you make me smile!! :) Love ya, K