Friday, October 22, 2010

Yo estoy avanzando en el agua.

My car is in the shop yet again. No need to explain why, it's the same old, same old. A friend is stopping by in a bit to take me back and Lord willing I'll be able to drive it away. It had been getting progressively worse all week so I was planning on taking the car to the shop on Saturday. I've recently started car-pooling with a classmate and on the way to HAL this morning worse became...."oooo! ouch! oh dear! that can't be good! oh noooooooooooo!" (I'm a bit over-dramatic sometimes....just a little) So after class I putt-putted all the way to the shop!

This respiratory rotation is tiring. This past week had a total of 5 exams in four days. In addition, though we are scheduled until 12 everyday, today was the only day I actually got to leave at that time. Tuesday was the lastest at a leaving time of 4pm. 9 hours with no break!?! what about a lunch?! no, it's not that bad. (like I said overly-dramatic) If you aren't with a patient the doctors typically allow you to eat. We are just dragging our feet to the parking lot at the end. And then for me it's extremely hard to get my brain to focus on my projects, presentations, and studying after that.

Today I realized that I feel like I'm treading water. That I've been treading water. I'm in the ocean and there's no land in sight. No tangible hope for a rest anytime soon. Sometimes I'm able to keep focused on the fact that Jesus is keeping me afloat, but other times when the waves keep putting me under time and time again, I begin to focus more on the fact that my arms and legs are so tired instead of the simple fact that Jesus brings me up again after each wave. Not exactly a clear analogy, but I'm willing to guess that more people than I realize would probably understand the feeling that I'm getting at.

I've discovered that pneumology or respiratory is something that I've got a knack for. I was able to pinpoint and define lung sounds within seconds of first hearing them, but unfortunately this time it's the subject that's the problem. I find respiratory to be rather boring. opposite of cardio which I love the topic but didn't have the talent for it.

I'm staying in GDL again this weekend, and though at the beginning of the week I thought maybe I should have decided to go to Ixtlan, it's now Friday and I've got plenty to keep me busy I'm worried if I'll get it all done the way it is.
We shall see!

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying that God will send you a raft or maybe a noodle to give ya a rest...or maybe that His arms will feel like it :) poor lil green honda...my lil green honda sends her get well wishes ;)
Love you and prayers,
K