Friday, October 1, 2010

Yo estoy al fin, finalmente!

It was one of those weeks. You start Monday with a bad day, but you shake it off knowing it was just a bad day and things will be brighter the next day. But the bad day ends up turning into a string of bad days. It's no fun. I just about cried twice while at the hospital on Thursday. That would have been awfully embarrassing. The fact that I made it through without crying cheered me up itself, for the rest I relied on chocolate. I used to think people that don't like chocolate were lucky to be able to avoid such a temptation, but I've changed my mind now. Sometimes you just need chocolate.

Monday morning on my way to the hospital I ran over something. I had no clue what it was, at the time thought a bad pothole, but having passed the spot since then, there's no pothole there. There is a grate in the road so possibly the grate wasn't laying flat when I went over it. Either way, running over it hurt my car so bad I almost felt the hurt myself. I prayed the rest of the way to the hospital. After classes I got in my car and together we limped down the road to the gas station. Putting air in the tires proved to be futile as the rim of the front tire was horribly bent. The attendant went to work with a hammer and got me on my way again, stripping one of the lug nuts in the process :/ It got me home, but by evening my back tire was completely flat. After much inner turmoil, debate, and discussion I decided to put the donut on and wait till after our Final (which was today) to deal with my car. So I was hitchin' rides for the rest of the week. My thumb has become quite sore.
- side note on the tire changing. As often as I've had to change my tires you could call me an expert, but it all does no good if I'm not even strong enough to loosen the lug nuts in the first place. A guy who washes cars on my street saw me busting a vein trying to loosen it and took pity.

I've got an other doctora story. This one is past biscuit burning unfortunately. I picked it up that this certain doctora didn't like me back in gastro, but tried to ignore it giving the excuse that I was probably just being paranoid. But since then she has repetedly snubbed and ignored me. For example, she refuses to acknowledge my presence among the group. So I make myself known, to which she exclaims, Ah! Christy Mari I didn't see you, I didn't think you were here today.... (until one day this past week I had absolutely always been there.) Worst part is I had made eye contact and exchanged a smile with her when she had entered the room just 5 minutes prior. This doctora has a habit of talking about people that are absent. As my driver left early one day from the hospital this week I was absent, and being so I just wondered if and/or what would be said behind my back. And I was not let down. The next day a classmate energetically approached me asking "Has anyone told you what she said about you yesterday?" That was Thursday, and let's just say that was one of the reasons for almost pushing me to upset tears. On top of a bad week piling up having someone you're supposed to be respecting insult you just doesn't mix well. Those who had heard it volunteered confirmation that she had stooped to far. I dreaded seeing her later that day knowing that I was going to smile and act like everything was all peachy. She pulled her refusal-to-acknowledge act on me again, and pained glances from some classmates told me that I wasn't the only one to pick it up this time.
- I know I shouldn't really complain about doctoras being insulting to me and not liking me because I'm sure there's bound to be worse waiting for me in the future, I guess I was just hoping it'd wait till I was at least out of med school first.

I've shared two stories here, but there was much more adding to the bad luck of this week. I woke up this morning so excited for the beginning of the end. After getting back from Cardio final I pushed my car into the street and drove it down the street to the tire place. It appeared as if they performed surgery on my car. Seriously, they had hammers and saws and irrigation hoses, everything! In the end, I drove away literally feeling a good 6 inches higher off the ground than when I'd limped into that place.

After weeks like this I am so grateful for all things true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, and of virtue. When I have a disabled car knowing that I am blessed with the ability to fix the problem gives such a bad situation a big ol' period. And when I go days without being able to get my pilot light lit, I know that I at least still have water and in the end I can simply get used to taking freezing cold showers. I mean, for example, I don't like getting up before the sun but I've gotten used to it. All bad things eventually come to an end, and this week has ended. I'm going to take off to Morelia this weekend. I invited some to come with me but so far all have come back negatory so I'll be going by myself. I'll be staying with sister Gloria Gonzalez and attending services there this weekend as well as simply taking joy in and celebrating the Good Shephard's faithfulness in caring for his sheep.

Hasta!

No comments: