Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yo estoy disfrutando la lluvia.

After a period of about 1 1/2 weeks it's raining again tonight. The end of summer/beginning of fall climate in GDL is fresh at night and mornings and then warms up nicely during the day. But when it doesn't rain it doesn't get as fresh and then days get warmer as a result.

I should be studying or sleeping right now, but I wanted to tell a story that has had me smiling all day today. There is an apartment directly across the street from me that is the home of two guys of the Latin program. All three of us leave at the same time for the hospital every morning. A car had already left from their apartment this morning so I thought they were gone, but as I backed out to take off the second guy stumbles out of their front door eyes only half-opened, still in his pajamas with a rolled up bundle of whites in his arms. It was a very comical sight to see.
I hear someone practicing the piano from there apartment everyday. So far whoever it is really likes playing The Entertainer and Let it Be. Somedays I can just enjoy it; other days it feels more like torture that there's a piano close and I can't play it. If there's ever an opportunity present at the same time I have the guts to approach them I'm so asking if I can play!

One of my classmates is taking the step this Wednesday. She had her consulta time today and was expressing her desire to not have to go before her step. Since I was scheduled for Thursday (the only day left she could possibly go) I switched with her. I would have just stayed at the hospital all day waiting, but as I wasn't prepared for that today I went home after class. While doing some studying before returning I heard more than a few horns bellowing from a distance, and based on that left giving myself twice the time usually needed to get to the hospital, and sure enough...I needed it. I am so thankful for those times when God connects the loose circuits in my brain. The doctora that I was with this afternoon is really good. She's tough. makes me want to run home and start memorizing drug dosages.

On the other hand, one of the doctoras that I am with for two hours everyday gave me a look today. This wasn't just any look. It was a high-falooty look that screamed in unbelieving tones "Are you really this stupid?!" Oooooooo, she burns my biscuits! See why I need a piano! I've got feelings! emotions! They're pent up! They need to be let out! ....and that's why I was crowned drama queen. No just kidding...I just talk at this blog instead. Not as safe psychological-wise, but it works. :)

Hasta!

No comments: