Sunday, August 29, 2010

Yo estoy en la iglesia de Gridley.

I'm back in Gridley this Sunday. As much as I am so thankful for the fellowship of being in Ixtlan there is an element of understanding that's missing as opposed to hearing God's Word shared in one's own language.

Being in GDL this weekend I invited friends over for Dutch Blitz last night! It made for a very productive Saturday for me. I couldn't really allow myself to be too lazy so in the end I got all of my busy work for the weekend done yesterday. I just need to study today, Yeehaw! I was even able to pick up and clean my apartment with about 20 minutes to spare before friends came! Needless to say I was tired before the party even started....but then, that's were caffiene comes into play!

Every Wednesday a new batch of USMLE scores are released. Everyone's buzzing with excitement on that day. So thrilled to be able to rejoice with those that passed and so thankful to see new smiles added to the list of PASS! Truthfully I am able to better enjoy my own passing each Wednesday as more of my friends have also passed. This past Wednesday another 8 were added from my original class! What a victory as a number like that boosts the self-esteem of everyone! I look forward to each Wednesday.

The other day one of my classmates had bought a muffin and was passing it around the table. If you wanted some you just took your finger and dug out a chunck. In the end the bottom-half of the muffin was all that was left and sat alone in the middle of the table at which another classmate mourned, "awwww, sad muffin bottom." que bursts of laughter... What really struck me about that phrase is that it sounds like an amazing albumn title to me. I didn't really get any affirmation on that idea from my classmates so I'm guessing I'm alone in the opinion, but to me it sounds like something a group like Relient K would title their next albumn, 'Sad Muffin Bottom'.

I had another story to tell but at the time of the story all I wrote down was '9 years'. Apparently at the time I thought that would be enough to remind me of the event.....but sadly it has not. so all I can say is that something about 9 years was rather intriguing to me this past week.

Hasta!

P.S. yes K! basketball anytime :)

No comments: