Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yo soy para siempre la sirviente del Señor más alto.

This week is much less frustrating than the last. I've gotten the hang of the hospital campus, taking wrong turns much less frequently now. All last week I felt like I was walking around with a huge sign that said "5to semestre!" (5th semester) I know I'll still have that sign for a while yet, but at least it's not billboard size anymore.

It's not new, but rather feels like I'm back in undergrad, or even high school again running around the campus all morning. I even had to write out a schedule for the first full day with where I needed to be and when. Today one of my doctoras talked with me a bit after our session to rip apart a SOAP that I had done. I thanked her and then booked it across the campus to make it to the next room I needed to be at even tripping over the door frame for good measure upon entering. This doctora who is never on time actually was this particular hour, and me being a minute late was counted absent. So I had the joy of sitting through an entire hour trying to learn knowing full well that I might as well of been elsewhere doing nothing. I wasn't the only one and we explained to the doctora after what had happened. She said she would talk to the doctora we had come from. Ha Ha! Why do I not believe that? (rhetorical question)

My notebook is coming out in Spanglish. In general whichever is the fastest way of getting a point down is what is chosen whether it's combining the two or switching between the two, etc. While I'm at the hospital campus the majority comes out in Spanish cause that's how it's coming in my ears, but then at home after when I add my own notes they are added in English as my books are in English. It was highly suggested that I read my texts in Spanish as our tests will be in Spanish and whatnot, but I'm opting to keep to the English and actually understand what I'm reading. hopefully I'll be able to decipher the tests then, and at least then my guesses will be educated ones not just eni-meni-mini-mo.

I'm excited to be starting Bible study again this week. Every semester Satan makes it so that I dread nervously the sending out of the email invite to everyone. But as always the grace of God prevails and the send button gets pushed. I know the vast majority of its recipients will push delete before even reading it, but at least they will know that Jesus is still waiting.

I've finally been able to get out and get some exercise this week. A friend bought a basketball so we've gone to the courts at ICB campus (my old campus) and play some one-on-one. honestly, half of our work-out stems from us laughing at ourselves till we're doubled over.


Hasta!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww congrats on passing the step :D

JGu said...

congrats christy! what an achievement! how many of you who are originally in 5th passed so far?

Anonymous said...

JUMPING up and Down for you...well I kind had to refrain myself from jumping when your mama told me in church :) :) Can I come play basketball with you??? Love you and praying!! - K