Saturday, July 4, 2009

Yo estoy lista para regresar.

Happy 4th everyone. I have to keep reminding myself of the holiday, don't exactly have the Stars and Stripes to display, but I guess I've got a little white in my...um, black shirt I've got on. Oh well, my visa and passport say I'm American that's all they care about down here, and the fact that I say soccer instead of futbol.

Here's a few pics from my week in Ixtlan.


Amber (Marshall & Jan's granddaughter) is spending her whole summer in Ixtlan with her grandparents. Monday morning we donned some of Marshall's old shirts and helped Grant Hermann glue carpet (a.k.a. sound absorbers) to the walls in some of the school rooms. Here in the photo, fully high off of the glue, Amber thought it'd be funner to glue my face instead of smile for the photo.


Tuesday, Lupita, Issa, Amber, and I rode bikes for a couple hours. I borrowed Matt Gerber's bike to ride, and as his bike seat is so high I found myself in a postition where my arms were locked at the elbows completely straight. Let me say there was Pain when I was able to bend my elbows. By the end of the ride my pinkys were numb due to the increased pressure on proximal medial area of my palms which included the ulnar nerve, hence numbness of the pinkys.


We turned around and headed back after a short rest at the plaza in Valenciano.
On our ride back to town we noticed the geyser started going off. Took a picture from a distance including both Ixtlan and the geyser, but it's at such a distance one can only pick out the geyser if they know to look for it as it's almost hidden by a tree. See if you can find it...




Wednesday, Lupita, Amber and I headed into Zamora to buy Amber a birthday present from her grandparents. First we stopped off at the graduation ceremony for Lupita's school. Although not graduating, she needed to receive her certificate for completing her semester. Also seen in the picture on the right is proud sister Elsa taking a photo. :) (On a side note, both Issa Sibaja, and Lupita Cabrera graduated from prepatoria and have been accepted to nursing school in Zamora)


Walking towards the cathedral in Zamora.

Hope all are well and happy. Light an extra sparkler, and eat an extra BBQ for those of us who can't!

Hasta!

No comments: