Monday, July 27, 2009

Yo estoy cansada!

Tis late on a Sunday and I'm alone in my apartment with leftover chicken from Ixtlan and my computer. Oh the endless possiblities of what I could do. Eat the chicken then check email. Eat the chicken while checking email. Check email while warming up the chicken, then eat chicken. Whatever shall I choose!!

Well turns out I had no emails, and that the chicken needed both hands to eat rendering both rather greasy, both factors forcing me to be creative. I put some chicken between bread and then was able to eat with one hand and do some research on the internet for Marshall with the other. Booyah!! Take that chicken grease!!

Now my chicken is gone and everyone but the neighboring dogs are calling it a night and I soon should follow suit, but first, and last I guess, I'll do a quick blog.

Me and my soccer playing buds finally made it out onto the field again last Friday afternoon! I hadn't played in months and boy could I feel it. It sure was great to be playing again though.

Saturday left earlier than usual for Ixtlan as testimonies were to be at 12 noon. I personally have never seen Ixtlan so packed with people before. Jan and Marshall have 3 granddaughters, 1 niece, and 1 nephew visiting. Mike Leman and his wife are there for the baptisms. Then of course Regg and Grant are there. As a result beds were all taken up and overflow onto the couches was begining. I stayed with the Sibaja's (Issa & Lupita.
Those who were baptised today were Rosi and Guille (watch in the Silver Lining for a summary of their testimonies). Family members and friends of them were also present for the weekend.
After testimonies and before Bible study Issa, Lupita,me, and the three granddaughters (Amy, Anna, and Amber) went to the geyser! Issa was the only one to get wet all the way. I just stuck my legs into one of the pools. It was hot with the sun streaming down and the water felt more like a hot tub. No wonder Ixtlan citizens don't need to bother with boilers. There's no such thing as naturally cool water there.


This is a close up of where the boiling hot water shoots out of, unfortunately not on any schedule known to man.


This is a view, of which the camera angle was thoughtfully calculated, which includes one of the hot springs (in the forefront of the picture) and the swimming pools in the back.


As we were getting ready to leave the geyser suddenly decided to go off. We watched as it thought about it for awhile and then grew to full size as seen in the photo! I was rather excited to be able to witness such a wonder of nature. Issa and Lupita on the other hand couldn't have been more bored. As the geyser erupts some of its water is diverted via pipes to fill the surrounding swimming pools.

Bible study had a record 42 people in attendence. After Bible study we split up into groups and walked the streets of Ixtlan handing out invitacions to VBS which starts this Monday in Ixtlan. Rudy Troxel suggested that I skip my classes this week and join them. I laughed. Nice thought as I'd love to be there, but not really a good idea.

We woke up Sunday morning to find out that the town water supply had not been turned on. So bucket bath for me once again. I think I'm starting to get the hang of the whole bucket bath thing. It's amazing just how little water a girl actually needs to be able to fully clean herself AND wash her hair. Next time try showering with a gallon of water. It is possible!

Jan bought 9 chickens for la comida after church today. After the numerous mouths had ceased their feeding and the napkins had been tossed only the remnants equal to about one chicken remained. Some of which made the journey with me back to GDL. Although they didn't really get to enjoy it much as they were eaten soon upon arrival.

Now my tired brain is making it rather difficult to think coherently so I best call it a night. God Bless!

Hasta!

1 comment:

Kaleigh said...

you make me smile! Those pics are pretty cool...woulda been fun to see! I am thankful for more than a gallon of water to shower :)
love, prayers, and a hug!