Friday, July 10, 2009

Yo estoy esperando.

I'm at the clinic again. No patients yet this morning. Something must be up though as my doctor has been on his phone practically the whole time, and the nurses keep whispering. I've got all my write-ups and research ready to hand into my doctor just waiting for the time now.

The medical spanish students that had been coming got infected by the Mexico bug (a.k.a. laziness). It makes me laugh. I've seen it happen so many times I was not surprised. It takes a strong determination to attend class on a regular basis in Mexico. Their number was different every day: Monday - 4, Tuesday - 5, Wednesday - 3, Thursday - 2, Friday - 0. Those last two put up a fight but in the end, Mexico won out!

Now today, two 4th semesters are here to complete their clinical hours. They're currently sitting across from me buried in their books. Fourth semester classes start on Monday. Boy am I glad I'm not 4th yet. I still need a vacation!!!

I'm back from turning everything in for my doctor. Had to walk down to a papeleria to make some copies. My walk took me past the big Catholic church here in Santa Anita. There were some cute little pink balerinas and cute little boys in their karate uniforms. Parents were carrying huge bouquets of flowers. Mexico knows how to celebrate!!

My doctor said I could go!!!! I get to go home, do wash, clean my apartment, and pack!! He said he'd clock me out at 4 and the extra hours were a gift from him for doing such a good job at getting everything done!!! Sweeeeeeeeet!

Hasta!

No comments: