Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yo estoy comiendo Skittles!

Our semester started off true to form....none of us had a clue what was going on. Yesterday we pick up our schedules and noticed that this morning we were supposed to start at 7 for our classroom clinical but, only certain groups. Of course the first day of classes drew to a close without someone in charge letting us know our groups or where we were supposed to go. Word finally got around that we were all supposed to be at the Latin program at 7 in whites. Once again true to form.....as vague as possible. Anyways, this morning, donned all in white, I headed off to campus and then in the direction of the "Latin program"; once close enough you just follow the crowd. We arrived ready for the unexpected to find out that half of us weren't even supposed to be there. The funny thing, which I came to realize after the fact, is that no one was even upset. We just shrugged it off, turned around, and busied ourselves for an hour till class started. I guess we've come to expect such disorganization from UAG. If nothing else UAG is making us into the most flexible doctors out there. (After a year at the UAG we've learned that hardly ever do things work out as planned, and that even when you have no clue what is going on if you smile and keep going eventually it'll come, and that in the end you're just you trying to survive like the rest.) A trait which I'm sure will come in handy.

Veronica moved her furniture and appliances back out of my apartment. I'm back to nothing more than my table, 4 wood chairs, and my bed. Though it was sad to see her comfy couches vanish out my door I realize that sitting here with my few pieces of sticks I still have more than so many in this vast world of ours.

Hasta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have been praying for you!!! I hope you have a good start of the semester! We miss you!