Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yo estoy a la clinica Santa Anita.

I've got about another hour here at Santa Anita before I call it a day, and after being gone for about 5 hours my doctor finally showed up again! Where he was....who knows.

I thought I'd be alone at the clinic this week but to my surprise I wasn't. Turns out that the medical spanish class I had contemplated taking is two weeks in the classroom and two weeks in a clinic, hence students at the clinic with me. I feel a bit bad for Lindsey, Kaitlyn, Laurel, Casey, and John. They get dropped off in the morning, sit in the study room for 4 hours and then get picked up again. They were never put with a doctor, and since they aren't used to how Mexico works, they just sit here not used to having no one tell them to do anything. My doctor said I could go to the nearby nursing home to get some of my work done. I asked the others if they'd like to go, everyone said yes, so I'll be making another trip tomorrow. I didn't think my car would survive 6 people AND topes.

I did something horribly embarrassing today at the nursing home. I picked up the otoscope instead of the fundoscope to look at a paitent's eyes. John curiously enquired as to why..... Thankfully all were able to laugh about it. I then picked up the fundoscope and looked at the patient again. Oh dear!

Hasta!

No comments: