Sunday, November 2, 2008

Yo estoy lista para regresar un rato.

I have been having trouble timing my trip home lately. Today looked better, but no such luck. A bus appeared after only 5 minutes sitting at the bus stop; only to have the bus driver stare at us as he drove on by. Why he didn't stop...we'll never know. So, we went back to waiting and 45 minutes later another bus came as we knew it eventually would. To my surprise the bus driver was the same guy that helped me out on my very first trip to Ixtlan back in July when I had no idea where I was going or what I doing. He obviously remembered me as he had a look of shock on his face that I was still alive and not dead on the road somewhere.

Saturday night after young group we had a bonfire. Yea! I was very pleased to experience a piece of autumnal festivities after all. I still ate my hot dog Mexican style though, complete with everything from mayonnaise to jalapenos. Yum!

There was a fiesta occurring on the road behind the church Saturday night. Loud music that I thought it would be hopeless to even try going to sleep. Put some different music in my ears (even though could still hear the other), and closed my eyes. I didn't even make it to the end of the first song; I was out. I woke up Sunday morning very, very disoriented. Not sure of the day, nor where I was. I even had to get up and look at the clock on the wall in the main room to assure myself of what time it was. I blame it on the smoke from the fire last night. That was a lot of smoke. Mexico grows some funky trees.

Hasta!

1 comment:

Tara said...

When you said "home" I though you meant Illinois and I got excited - I'm glad you can call Mexico home though too
And when are you coming for Christmas?