Monday, July 28, 2014

Estoy trabajando.

Went into the City today.  The 5th World Congress of IFHNOS* and Annual Meeting of the AHNS** is underway at the Marriott Marquis Times Square.  The research that I've been working on with Adam Luginbuhl from Philadelphia was accepted for a poster presentation at the Congress.  So I got permission to attend just the one day and Adam sponsored me!  I have sooooo much to pay forward some day!

Our research: Management of the External Auditory Canal in Free Flap Reconstruction of Total Auriculectomy Defects.

We were a little more than halfway through the day and I received a message from the research coordinator back at Westchester.  Deadlines are too quickly approaching and my help was needed.  So the day in the City ended prematurely.  Caught the next train back up North and drove in to the hospital.  Spent a couple hours working until Marini told me to go home.  I think I would have preferred to just stay and get more done, but acknowledging the risk of being unnecessarily excessive I did call it quits for the night.

Much Love.

*International Federation of Head and Neck Oncologic Societies
**American Head and Neck Society

No comments: