Friday, July 4, 2014

Estoy aprendiendo ser nocturna.

After my first day there was a schedule change.  I was moved to nights.  Unfortunately for the past nights and again tonight there is no fellow scheduled for the night shift, so my chain of command goes first to a chief resident and then the attending.  But for all appearances I'm alone in the TICU all night.  I find it rather annoying because I'm at the stage where I have questions about everything.  Why and how questions. And you can't bother the chief, let alone the attending for a why question in the middle of the night.  Tonight the other resident for the other half of the TICU is going to be a surgery second year and seems willing to answer those types of questions so I'm hoping to make use of that!!  I'm a bit worried what I'm going to find when I get there this evening. As I signed out to the anesthesia resident rotating in the TICU this morning, he could not have been any less interested.  And at the end when I asked if he had any questions the only thing he came up with was, "Yeah, can you stay?......So I can go?"  To top it off the nurses, the other TICU residents even family members of the patients have complained about him.  I'm sure everything is going to be fine.  The nurses are all amazingly self-sufficient, that I'm confident even a dead-beat of a resident can be trouble-shot and overcome.  Forgive me. That was harsh....let's just go with lazy, a lazy resident.  Either way, it still makes me uncomfortable, the feeling that I don't trust him.

My nephew, Lincoln Grey Blunier, was born Wednesday, July 2. 
Aunt Christy love you Lincoln.

Much Love.

No comments: