Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Auld Lang Syne Times Square - NYC style!!!

Cheers to 2013!  I remember a year ago, sooooo thankful 2011 was over!  This year perhaps I'm glad once again that 2012 is over, but at the same time I'm thankful I'm able to at least smile as I remember my 2012! 

Here's to a year of experiences I never thought I'd ever have, and time after time life would amaze me!  Last night was one such experience!

Two old friends and two new friends from Illinois have set up camp in my studio for a week!  And yesterday we put on the layers and made the trip into the city and celebrated New Year's Eve in an epic Times Square style!

 We finally made it past the second police checkpoint!  Corralled like cattle...millions of cattle!  By the time we made it to the spot at 48th St and 7th Ave which we called home for the rest of the night it was shortly before 4:00 pm.  Yes, we were 5 blocks away from Times Square and it was only 4!   L to R: Tracy Zhou, Amy Hohulin, Jamie Finn, Janae Stork, Christine Lau

 We took turns giving our feet a rest.  Sitting right where we were standing!  Me and Jamie F.

 Those standing for the moment!  Tracy Z., Amy H., Janae S., Christine L.

 L to R: Amy H., Janae S., Tracy Z., Christine L., Jamie F., me

 And once again!  If we look cold, it's because we were!  They had brought hand warmers in abundance from Illinois!  They saved my poor fingers!  Tracy had up to 6 warmers in one boot!

We got the free hats!  Almost got trampled trying to get them, but so worth it!

And then what kind of friend would I be if I didn't share the final countdown to 2013 with you!  Epic!  I apologize for my counting and screaming, but it's part of the experience! ;) 


I wish you all a 2013 filled with happiness and blessings! 
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

Hasta!

No comments: