Thursday, January 10, 2013

Yo estoy exasperada.

I spoke too soon when referred to a week as a piece of cake.  I haven't had a week last this long in a long time.  I thought my experience would be better if I could manage switching which doctors I worked with.  You know that phrase, 'out of the frying pan and into the fire?'  That is totally what has happened with me this week. 
Doctor 1:  A child today was crying and would not stop.  Dr. 1 stood in front of her shaking her finger at the poor girl yelling at her to not be angry.  In other words, Dr. 1 was yelling at a girl telling her not to do the very thing that she herself was doing.  And I have to just stand there and watch.  I wanted to just say Enough!!
Doctor 2:  Constantly flirts with the only male employee in peds and then crosses her eyes and accuses him as being the one who does the flirting.  I just want to tell her to please grow up already!!
Doctor 3: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!  Awful!  I don't agree with her practice of medicine in any way, shape or form.  Any time I'm with her I may be calm outside but inside, I'm flat out screaming. Grinding my teeth and pulling out my hair.  Seriously that's how I feel.  Her treatment of patients has gotten me so worked up that I was about to boil over.  And then she had the nerve to ask me why I was red!!?!  I could rant on and on and on about Dr. 3!  Her unacceptable slaughtering of the Spanish language.  Her freakishly disturbing botoxed face.  Her high pitched vocalizing leaving no room for anybody else, including the patient, to speak.  Her belittlement of the patient.  Her improper treatment for various things (don't worry what she would prescribe wouldn't cause harm at least or I would have said something.)  

I don't remember ever feeling like this before. I feel incredibly blessed that I was only placed at this clinic for two weeks.  I'm sure I've probably failed in showing God's love while at the clinic...I've kind of had to assume the personality of a robot...constantly reminding myself to just breathe. Sigh.

Thank goodness for all the kids though.  They are all beautiful, and I love working with them. 
One cute story to end with: 
Mom brought her daughter in and says that she is concerned because the bones in her daughters back are sticking out!!
Well let's take a look Mom!
Oh...Well Mom, that is normal.  Those are called shoulder blades!

Hasta!

No comments: