Monday, January 7, 2013

Yo estoy a mi mismo de nuevo.

Normal. My life is back to normal...all depends on your definition of normal.  I'll go with usual.  My life has returned to its usual.  Last week Janae Stork kept telling me that when they left my apartment would look huge.  And she was right.  My apartment has never been bigger, nor more quiet.  The day the girls left I returned to my apartment and flopped down on my bed again.  I just laid there (procrastinating the scrubbing that I knew would have to eventually ensue) and listened to the traffic on 95 and the idling engine of an ambulance at the ER of the hospital.  I hadn't heard that in a week.  Or more exact, I hadn't paid attention to that in a week.  What does your silence sound like?

Last week of pediatrics.  Not exactly enjoying this new clinic that I'm at, but if I can do anything for a month, then a week = piece of cake.  It's not a bad clinic, it just is a bit boring in the Peds area.  Today was better (a.k.a. busier).  Had some tougher patients tough. Little E.I. is in 4th grade and his teachers finally drew a line.  He got sent home from school today with instructions to see a doctor for his problem.  E.I. has been peeing his pants at school.  Difficult on a couple of levels for me. 1) How do I make an incredibly timid, shy and embarrassed E.I. feel comfortable?  2) How do I make mom feel comfortable?  I'm trying to explain the situation in Spanish, but don't know if my vocab choice correctly illustrates the message, nor do I know if the concern/encouragement I'm trying to portray by voice inflection translates correctly.  I leave a consult such as that one very dissatisfied with myself.  Did I even help at all? or just make the situation a bigger more confusing mess?  E.I. will probably stay with me for awhile.

Hasta!


No comments: