Saturday, December 29, 2012

Yo estoy disfrutando los ultimos dias de diciembre.

Waking up this morning I first was shocked at how late I'd slept and then proceeded to start dancing around the studio in my pajamas during which I realized mid-kick that....I must be feeling better.

Why don't you join me in my morning dance!! :)


I'm glad I'm feeling better.  It's quite embarrassing to be a doctor and be sicker than the patients your supposed to be making well.  Some mothers are a little too jumpy though.  Bringing your child in for a cough and runny nose is only going to succeed in making your child even sicker.  For example, Thursday the majority of my kids had influenza which they would be happy to share with your coughing child who is playing with them in the cramped waiting area.

Being sick didn't stop me from going into the city a couple of times this week.  Another student working Peds with me wasn't able to go home for Christmas due to her schedule being interrupted by Sandy so we went to Max Brenner's to celebrate the holiday.  If you haven't heard of Max Brenner's one word sums it up, Chocolate.  From Grand Central we were going to walk the 1 1/2 miles through the city, but we hadn't gotten even one block in the wintery mix coming down and Christine turned to me and asked, "Are we being dumb?" And in all seriousness I had to reply, "Yeah, I think we're being dumb!"  But thankfully we could remedy our situation and made the next exit down to the subway and arrived at 14th St. still relatively dry.  Our friend, Karan joined us at the restaurant.

L to R: Christine, me, Karan enjoying Max Brenner's.

Hasta!

No comments: