Monday, December 17, 2012

Yo estoy contando canas...1...

I was in El Paso, TX last week.   I stepped off the plane and a part of me almost jumped with excitement; that part felt like I was coming home again.

One night I met up with a friend from GDL.  This is the view from Scenic Drive.  At the right you can make out a building with a christmas tree on it, that's downtown El Paso.  Cutting across the whole scene is a line of lights following the Rio Grande (they are seen most clearly on the left where they look like runway lights as the river flows perpendicular to my viewpoint.)  I realize this probably just looks like a whole bunch of lights, so I'll just say closest to you is El Paso, TX but the vast majority of the lights you're looking at is Juarez, Mexico.

Plaza de los lagartos in downtown El Paso, is all lit up with an eklectic assortment of candy cane lights, stars, trees, balls, santas and a nativity. Etc...

And I am proud to announce the arrival of my first white hair! I think I had seen it before, but I don't actually inspect myself on a regular basis so hadn't paid attention.  Then one day last week I parted my hair and there it was, a stiff white curl standing straight up about an inch off my scalp.  Stubborn thing refused to lay down, until I actually reparted my hair.  It makes me smile to see it hiding underneath strands of my colored hair.  As if it's a secret somehow.  Well....not anymore!! ;)  I wonder what I'll look like 80 and all white-haired. :)

Hasta!

No comments: