Monday, October 31, 2011

Yo estoy soñando.

We ended Daylight Savings Time in Mexico this past weekend. I thoroughly loved the extra hour of sleep although I didn't exactly sleep through the whole night. I found myself in a dream that seemed to drag on forever and get no where. I was being chased by a bad guy (or at least I assume he was a bad guy) through a skyscraper that was being built. So it was empty floor after empty floor. Lots of stairs and lots of scrambling up, over, under, and around. I had finally lost him and made it outside and across the street. Met up with the other people that were also being chased, but instead of rushing into the building across the street to hide we stopped and looked back. Stupid! because the bad guy saw us. We turned to continue our escape but split up, them running in on the ground floor and I taking some stairs up. But I was tired of what seemed like hours of trying to run away and I suddenly realized that the building I was heading into was more of what I had just exited, so....I decided to wake up instead.
So, as you can see I didn't sleep the night through, but upon waking after my dream I laughed at myself turning over to go back to sleep. As if by going back to sleep I was somehow getting the better of myself. Telling this story just now I am realizing for the first time that I had laughed at myself as if myself was someone else. Oh dear, I need to refresh my memory of what age dissociative disorders typically appear. We've always joked that we're crazy to be here in GDL, but split-personality crazy?

Closing ceremony for the Panamerican Games 2011 Guadalajara was yesterday. I didn't go to a single game as I had hoped, but am too preoccuppied currently to actually lament that fact. They were over really fast, but I'm glad. Now I can drive in the "exclusive" lane for the panamericans and not worry that I'm doing something bad....not that I really worried about it before either. :)

There was a tragedy today. I don't know details but my 7th semester Latin companions lost a classmate today. My guess is that it was a car accident based on the timing. Something like that just sobers everyone up. Some were crying, no one was laughing.

Hasta!

No comments: