Friday, October 14, 2011

Yo estoy esperando.

The sun came out again today after 2-3 days of hiding behind Hurricane Jova. The constant rain definitely cooled GDL down. Not only did I finally get to sleep under a cover but by Wednesday night I already needed a blanket in addition to the sheet! We'll see what happens now with the sun warming it up and drying everything off....almost as if it's welcoming the thousands of visitors arriving for the Panamerican games. My roommate, Josue, somehow had the right connections and got a free ticket for the opening ceremony tonight. I.Am.Jealous. but not so much that I can't be really excited for him.

Wednesday we had off. So I stayed in my room all day studying. We were in the middle of Jova then so it rained all day. Included in my soundtrack for the day was Placido Domingo. There is a partial memory that I have and it's the oddest partial memory because try as I might I can't complete it. Placido Domingo reminds me of Fall and the old red carpet in our house. I know my family is there, but can't see them. Listening to him sing I try to see who exactly is in that memory with me and what the significance of it is, but always end up with the same result. Fall....I think primarily because of the lighting and temperature of the memory, and the red carpet...it's the only obvious thing in the memory that I can actually see. I've tried imagining different scenarios that took place in that memory, but nothing fits. What I decided on Wednesday while listening (without any success in creating a picture) was that I can't complete the picture of this memory because it's not a visual memory. It's more a feeling. A warm feeling. Almost as if I had understood for the first the blessing of being a part of a family, having a home, and knowing there's love in that home. Now, I don't know why Placido Domingo singing Perhaps love brings this memory to mind.....but it does, red carpet and all. That's okay with me, he can keep singing.

Hasta!

No comments: