Friday, October 21, 2011

Yo estoy malhumorada.

It was going to be a beautiful day. Friday. Last test over. Going to Ixtlan tomorrow. What could go wrong?

Tuesday I had gone to the 'escolar' to get put on the list for my next rotation in Endocrinology. After the test today I went to the Endocrine department office to make sure everything was in order due to a hunch (from much experience)that things would not be in order. A hunch which of course proved to be true. Thankfully the secretary and one of the endocrine doctoras spent a few minutes and actually gave me a complete schedule for my rotation. Very thankful for them doing that for me, but why I'm so malhumorada right now is because to my chagrin I watched as they randomly stuck me in groups to rotate with instead of sticking me on the end like the last rotation had done. I just spent the last 5 weeks trying to get to know one group of classmates which in 5 weeks I've just barely achieved. And now, I've got to start allllllll over again. Noooooooooooooo!!! Just when I'm about to reach a level of comfortability, God rips it away. Nope! Got to keep this one on her toes, he says!
Really?! But why?! My toes are really starting to hurt!!!
Either way, when all's said and done, I am very sad to not be able to rotate with those I've been getting to know over the past 5 weeks, but at the same time I wonder what new characters Monday will bring.

And finally here's a few pics from last weekend/Monday.
I know it's cliche but I went to the mall on my birthday. Going to the mall to hang out! I never even did that back in the States! I went with Vero, her cousin Jesus (Chuyito), and his girlfriend Iliana.
Pool! The winning team.....maybe! A few rules may have been momentarily repealed throughout the game.


Basketball! I had high score of the entire night. WooHoo!


Air Hockey!


Then back to the house for DUTCH BLITZ!! L to R around the table: Me, Jennifer, Diego, Hector, Vero, Adriana


After Blitz. Everyone liked the cookies I made Carrie! They turned out nice and soft! L to R: Ninos, Jennifer, Veronica, Me, Josue, Hector


Monday night, a small group of friends took me to dinner. L to R: Veronica, Jennifer, Hector, Iveth, Me, Josue, Jason (Lety and Matt had already gone home when we took the picture.)


And then they had gotten me an ice cream cake from DQ! So exciting! But we cut into it to discover that the entire layer of crunchy chocolate with fudge had been left out! It was still delicious, but just not the same!


Hasta!

So I guess I'm not so malhumorada anymore.

No comments: