Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yo estoy intentando abrir mis ojos.

Even after making the extra visit to the Endocrinology office last Friday I still had to go back today. I'm always amazed anew with how such disorganization is functionable.

The schedule I was content to set for myself this rotation, I'm already begining to realize it's going to have to be reworked. The rotation itself is a tad lighter on the workload, but at the same time right in the middle of the rotation I have a week of exams covering all the subjects that I rotated on outside of HAL...going all the way back to July when I did Nutrition in Boston. Sooooooo, not really much lighter at all. These exams are in the middle of my rotation because that is when all my classmates who spent the semester doing co-op in Puerto Rico are going to be here, so we all take these exams together, or at least the ones we need to take. I'll just need to take 3 out of the 6.

I was happy to see that I rotate with a few friends I made last rotation. It's a funny and friendly clique of girls that refer to themselves as "Monicas". I joined their group to review clinical cases and when groups were asked to name themselves endocrine-accordingly it took us all of two seconds to call ourselves Las Pituitarias (The Pituitaries). No reason really except that it's a bit funny to say.

It's been awhile now since I've realized that the horrible bags marking lack of sleep have returned under my eyes. A fact which I just forced myself to forget about as there's nothing really I can do about it. But lately I roll out of bed (or off the bed if I didn't quite make it into the bed the night before) in the morning and feel as if my eyes are swollen shut, and a quick physical exam in the mirror tells me that I'm not just imagining it. They get better with a few rubs, a few blinks, and a bit of coffee. But it just makes me wonder....swollen eyes in the morning isn't exactly a typical physiological manifestation. I'll give it some more time, see if it stops happening on it's own, or if I should exchange wondering for worrying.

Hasta!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

when do you take step 2? did you already apply for 5th year? :)

Christy said...

I take step 2 in Dec. and Yes, I already applied for 5th year. :)

Anonymous said...

awesome! i wish you the best of luck! i know you will do amazing in all your endeavors :D