Thursday, October 20, 2011

Yo estoy desahogandome!!!

I'm in the middle of a string of exam days so should be hard at the studying, but I just got done with a Pepsi kick a little bit ago so am under the impression that I have extra energy and therefore time to do a quick blog post.

With exams on the brain I just wanted to vent my frustration about UAG testing. I have a perfect example to help explain. To date the best I've been able to explain is that I can study for UAG exams but then I would fail the USMLE. Or, I can study for the USMLE but then I would fall my UAG exams. If that doesn't make sense to you, then you understood perfectly. It doesn't make sense at all. A medical school education should in fact be preparing a student for their future liscencing exams, and not hindering progress towards that goal. The other day we were in a lecture about Typhoid Fever. The doctora flat out told us that the Salmonella level to inoculate is 10^3, but if you get a question about that on the exam you'll need to answer 10^5. GAAAHHHHHH!!! See what I mean?!?! You can't just study and pass these exams; you have to study specifically for the UAG exam and then with what time is left over switch gears and study completely differently for the USMLE.

I'm still struggling along with my Spanish. One friend from my class in particular speaks so fast I frequently get lost. He probably does it on purpose cause he thinks it's funny. He'll laugh at me and tell me, "You don't speak Spanish." But even though my Spanish isn't getting better, I think I'm calming down a little bit....a LITTLE bit, about it. I went back to completely presenting my articles in Spanish, titles and all! :)

Alllllllrighty! gotsta study!

Hasta!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Good luck with the exams! Maybe you need another cucumber to get you through. :) Yay for snow boots!