Friday, November 4, 2011

Yo estoy enemigo de las ratas.

A great big rat decided to join us for Bible study Wednesday night. I never thought of myself as scared of rats, but that was before. All I'd ever seen were cute little mice. This was a grandote of a rat with a tail a mile long. Bible study momentarily suspended and armed with broom, mop, and tennis racket a few of us had it cornered where it proceded to hide in a bag. Mop attempted to move the bag and rat shot out of that bag headed straight for our feet. Oh boy I screamed! Didn't help that everyone was screaming. Out of the broom, mop and tennis racket, the racket was the only one that actually made an attempt at hitting the rodent. But then following the rat into the kitchen we closed all the doors to keep it there and broom and mop continued the pursuit while racket stayed outside the doors looking in through the windows. A quick trip to the store for sticky traps was made, I loaded on the peanut butter, and we finally returned to the Bible study. (Rat was killed the following day.)

A bit of time is devoted daily to studying nutrition. Today reading about introducing babies to real food I had to chuckle. The subheading was "Introduction of the Family Diet" and the first food mentioned was beans. I must be in Mexico!! :)
A few days ago I had planned on going for a run, and then was starting to feel lazy wanting to stay and study instead, but then I realized which subject of Nutrition I was studying that day: Obesity. and I was out the door faster than a yipping puppy who'd just gotten stepped on.

I debated about putting an update about the death of the Latin student last Sunday night and finally have decided to say something because I was wrong in my initial thought that it was an accident. Unfortunately it was a suicide by hanging. A tragedy that Satan can pull people so low they completely lose hope. This world needs hope.
- They told the Latin program that she died from a brain aneurysm, which is why I debated about saying something. I suppose they are trying to cover it.

In Hope

1 comment:

Schlipf family said...

oh my rats!! I woulda been right there screaming with you I am sad to say! :) Love ya and prayers! K