Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Yo estoy estudiosa.

My classmates have a nutrition exam today which overlaps my endocrine consult time so I get to be home early today. Got my first of a string of exams tomorrow so this is a good thing. I ate my lunch when I got home. It was 10:30 so was just starting to get hungry and could have waited, but I figured that if I ate my lunch then, I could call it my Mexican breakfast, and now I can have a Mexican lunch later!

My clinical cases doctora for endocrine is starting to make a habit of using me as her personal pronounciator. Things like Hürthle or Waterhouse-Friderichsen. Things difficult to pronounce in Spanish. I don't mind it, but... calling me out in front of everyone, I inevitably get red. My cheeks burn and all I can do is breathe and stare at the floor until I feel that it's sufficiently passed. A classmate once expressed a jealousy she had for my cheeks. For having a natural coloring and never needing blush. I told her she had no idea what it was she was wishing for.

For sometime now this semester I've been wanting a pair of white jeans. Just to change it up a little bit. But with just a few months left of actually needing them, it doesn't really justify such a purchase. And then I found a pair of white jeans that I've had the whole time. Probably bought by Mom for $2 from Spare & Share before I ever packed my suitcase for the first time. I tried them on and realized why they were on the bottom of the hanger and never worn. They don't exactly fit nor are they my preferred cut/style. I've been wearing them anyways these past 2 weeks. I never really picked up the typical sense of fashion girls tend to grasp in jr. high, and then in high school I was too distracted to do so. And graduating high school without fashion sense it's really too late to ever pick some up, and so you have people like me, wearing odd looking pants that don't fit. But with no sense of fashion anyways, I can't really bring myself to feel guilty about such a wardrobe.

That yipping puppy that ran out the door last week is back and licking it's poor stepped on paw. In other words, I've had to succumb to my priorities and suspend exercise for the next couple of weeks. Actually passing exams trumps bodily exercise for the time being. I solidified this decision by walking down the street and getting a bag of bolis. (A frozen ice cream treat). :/

Hasta!

No comments: