Friday, November 18, 2011

Yo estoy destructor.

I'm super glad this week is over. Thanks be to my Best Friend for helping me through. Studying even when it ceases to be fun. It was a bit much. Juggling three finals this week while still running around HAL getting presentation done here, seeing patients there. Today's final proves that the week is just about caught up to me. Going over the test afterwards this happened more times than I'd like to admit...The answer is B, and I know the answer is B....and I put A why? Some of my classmates had all 6 finals this week (at least they weren't juggling anything else, and now they're done!!), but still I don't envy them what they must have struggled with this week. Needless to say there's going to be some major partying going on tonight on their part. I think I'll get back to some step studying. The countdown on my wall beside my desk is getting dangerously low.

My name got rearrianged again. It was for the Neurology final. The doctora called me Destroyer. The only way I knew to respond was cause she finally tacked a Christy on it. #1 Say Stoller with a Spanish accent #2 add the r between the t and o that English speakers even sometimes add #3 I have nooooo idea why she decided to put the d on the front....I have come up with one explanation. She said it as a filler while trying to figure out how to pronouce Stoller. d...d...d, Estroyer? The name got lots of cheers and laughs. I probably got really red. And a few have tried out the name themselves since then, but you'd see a look on their face immediately afterwards. A look that tells me I don't have to worry about "destroyer" sticking as a nickname.

My Wednesday final (the Neuro one) started early, and you don't really want to be rushing before an exam so I left home early. I turned onto Americas pointing my car in the general direction of the hospital to realize that I was going nowhere fast. It was standstill traffic. A lot of thumb-twiddling and slow deep breaths later I got to the site of the accident. The three lanes of Americas were squeezed down to 1/2 a lane through which everyone, yes even the Mexican buses, were squeezing past. So the whole trying not to rush and to get there on time didn't really go as planned, but good thing it's Mexico and the exam didn't start on time anyways.

While I was in Boston this past summer I met a group of people (spent the 4th of July with them) who were internationals (France and Germany mainly). Two of the French girls are coming to visit. They arrive in GDL tomorrow, will spend a few days here then go off and see the rest of Mexico ending back here in GDL two weeks later when they'll fly back to France. I prewarned them I'll have to be studying, but who but God knows how this weekend will play out. And I'm not sure just how they'll take to me getting up early to study. I may have to take to the couch for a few days. Just got to be flexible right! Go with the flow!

Hasta!

No comments: